RRQ E07: 2010 Wrapup
by Rohan

RESTORE RESTART QUIT

Episode 07:
“2010 Wrapup”

Jeremy and I were discussing our favourite games of the last year, and things that sucked about the year in gaming. (Namely: most of the games released during it) So, rather than simply have this discussion on our own, we decided to record it and release it, in the name of hubris and ego, just like all the cool kids.

Also, because it’d been a bloody long time between podcasts (I’m the guilty party – I was side-tracked with a few more film projects).

The games we discuss include:

• Mass Effect 2
  • Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
  • Just Cause 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Minecraft
  • Digital: A Love Story

Also: apologies for the audio quality. As this was an unplanned podcast, I didn’t have my proper audio kit available at the time.

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “RRQ E07: 2010 Wrapup”

1. Jeremy says:

Jaysus. How many times did I use the word “spectacular”?

2. Rohan says:

40 hundred thousand hundred times.

3. Jeremy says:

You know how I was saying Minecraft reminded me of that feeling when I first played Zelda? Apparently I’m not the only one.

4. Roland says:

One indie game that didn’t come out in 2010, but – following the theme of the podcast – I discovered in 2010 was Flower, by thatgamecompany. Absolutely delightful and mesmerizing. I got it around April following Jeremy Sear’s suggestion on this blog. Thanks Jeremy!

5. [...] Restore, Restart, Quit?About « RRQ E07: 2010 Wrapup [...]

6. Craige says:

I really thought Jolly Rover would have rated a mention in this podcast. Was that omission accidental?

7. Rohan says:

Actually, I haven’t played it. Doubt Jeremy has too! That’s quite an oversight. I’ll have to rectify that.

8. Craige says:

I think you’ll find the quality of voice acting in stark contrast to good ol’ Just Cause 2.

9. Jeremy says:

What the hell is a Jolly Rover?

10. Craige says:

Indie adventure game in the vein of monkey island. Its made by an Australian guy and it has genuinely witty/amusing dialogue and voice acting throughout.its like $5 on steam. I didn’t even play monkey island back in the day yet I quite like this game. I did play Day of the Tentacle and some other Lucas Arts adventure games though.
    If you stick by the rule proposed in the podcast then you can play it now and it will still be in the eligible for 2011s best indie game award.