RESTORE RESTART QUIT
“Epic Fail – Gaming Mistakes & Disasters”
with special guest Nate “Blunty3000″ Burr
During one of our fairly common drinking-and-gaming sessions, an idea popped up: Why not devote a podcast to all the things that have gone wrong with gaming? From niggling but constantly-recurring game design mistakes to whole consoles that failed to launch, it seemed the perfect topic for our next big discussion.
It also seemed appropriate to bring on one of youtube’s most creative rantists (yes, I’m inventing that word if it doesn’t already exist) Blunty3000.
So, join us for a 90 minute exploration of all the things that gaming has done wrong – either by ineptitude, publisher intervention or just plain old bad luck.
Topics brought up include:
- Common gaming gripes and mistakes, including static cameras, quick-time events, random crates, unskippable cut scenes and inverting the Y-axis
- Failed consoles, such as the Virtual Boy, N-gage and 3DO
- Ultima 9
- Silent Hunter 5
- Jurassic Park: Trespasser
- Dante’s Inferno
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines
- Battlecruiser 3000AD
- ET: The Extra Terrestrial